AMI MACHINING ARE EXPERTS IN WIRE ELECTRICAL DISCHARGE MACHINING (WIRE EDM)
Over the years, AMI Machining has carved out a niche of being one of the best Wire EDM shops throughout the United States. AMI Machining achieved that by providing quality parts without exception. AMI Machining frequently works with tight tolerances of +/- .0001″. A common saying we hear a lot is, “If AMI can’t make it, then no one can.”
AMI Machining’s Wire EDM Capabilities
- Capable of cutting most electrically conductive materials
- Machine hardened or heat-treated material
- Tolerances of +/- .0002″ achieved routinely with Wire EDM
- Tolerances down to +/- .0001″ can be achieved.
- We can hold diameter tolerances of +.0001/ -.0000″ depending on application
- Wire diameters range from .002″ to .012″
- Typical Surface finish of .4 Ra μm.
- .2 Ra μm possible in most steels
- Accurate tapers of up to 30 degrees.
- Maximum cutting size: 250mm x 400mm x 250mm (10″ x 16″ x 10″)
- Maximum workpiece size: 24″ x 36″ x 10″
- Temperature controlled environment for superior accuracy
Contact Us to discuss your design and manufacturing needs.
Benefits of Wire EDM
Simultaneous Cutting – EDM wire can cut through stacked sheeting materials to produce identical OEM components at the same time; this multiplies productivity, saving you time and money. In many cases, this is more cost-effective than water jet.
NO IMPACT CUTTING – Wire EDM allows machining hard, brittle, and fragile materials without damage. Wire EDM is especially suited for cutting heat-treated materials.
Superior Consistency – Wire EDM uses a precision wire electrode, usually brass, as the cutting tool. Wire EDM is not affected by tool wear because the wire is only used once, this produces consistent and repeatable workpieces. In addition, Wire EDM uses temperature-controlled de-ionized water as a dielectric fluid.