AMI MACHINING OFFERS ADVANCED 5 AXIS MACHINING
AMI Machining utilizes 5 axis CNC machines to create complex or simple parts. True 5 axis contour machining enables us to reduce the number of operations needed, saving the customer time and money.
Benefits of 5 Axis Machining
- Workpieces are not moved through several workstations, they can be completed on the 5 Axis machine alone—finishing components with greater accuracy
- Less fixture preparation—Simple fixtures can be employed for limited quantities, saving time and money
- Can use shorter cutting tools—producing higher cutting speeds and fewer tool vibrations for higher precision
- Single setup required for machining complex shapes—increasing productivity
- Ability to create complex fixtures on a 5 Axis helps simplify operations on other CNC machines.
Contact Us to discuss your design and manufacturing needs.
How our 5 Axis process works
We use TopSolid for design and programming. TopSolid is a powerful Manufacturing solution for modeling, simulation, and production (geometry, assemblies, structural calculation, dynamics, etc.).
Our Machines have built-in calibration tools such as lasers and probes.
The laser calibrates tool length, size, and wear.
The Renishaw probe is used to pick up part location down to .002mm (.0001″)
Using specialized tools we are able to side mill chamfers into hardened steel.